Slice is an audio file splitter that is designed to take mp3 files and cut them into either a set number of files or files of a set duration. Slice can also detect a specified amount of silence and split the file at these points. This is useful where you have many songs in one mp3 (for example an entire CD in one file) and need to split them up into individual tracks.
There are three basic slicing operations that can be carried out: Slice into x many files (slice one 10MB mp3 into two 5MB files). Slice into files of x duration where duration equals HH:MM:SS (split one 10 minute track into two 5 minute tracks). Slice into individual tracks using silence detection.
- Several ways to manipulate mp3 files (by number of files, duration or silence detection).
- Split multiple files at the same time.
- MPEG Layer-3 encoder supports constant or variable bit rates from 8 to 320kbps with optional error correction and stereo modes.
- Drag and dropping of mp3 files into application fully supported.
- Optimized CPU usage and efficient code for fastest conversion times.
- Settings are stored on program exit.
- Slice option added to Windows right-click menu.
- Easy and intuitive to use.
Freeware by NCH Swift Sound