ProTrekkr (formerly known as NoiseTrekker by Juan Antonio Arguelles Rius aka Arguru) is a tracker program combining a software synthesizer together with a traditional samples tracker which can be used to create electronic music (like psytrance, trance goa, hard acid, IDM, chip, techno, etc.) for small sized intros, demos or games.
The tracker is available for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Amiga OS4 and AROS.
- Open source.
- 16 multi-notes tracks (with 256 virtual channels) & multi-effects.
- Samples editor (can load up to 64 bits stereo samples).
- Patterns based tracker style sequencer.
- Synthesizer with custom waveforms support.
- Samples loop editor.
- Linear/Cubic spline interpolation.
- 2 303s units.
- Wav files import/export.
- Aiff files import.
- 16 or 32 bits wav rendering to files or directly to instruments.
- Multi effects engine with reverb, distortion, filters, delay, EQs, flanger, compressors, etc...
- Fully customizable 10 combs reverb.
- Midi in/out support with automation.
- Protracker .mod /Fasttracker I .ft files import.
- Samples packer handling Gsm/Mp3/TrueSpeech/ADPCM/8 Bit and a compressor derivated from wavpack.
- Replay routine source code to include & use inside your own programs (Also featuring a replay routine for the PlayStation Portable).
- Winamp/XMPlay plugin available.
- And probably more...