Kangas Sound Editor
Kangaroo-themed program that allows the user to create music and sound effects. Uses a system of frequency ratios for pitch control, rather than conventional music notation and equal temperament. Allows instruments, both musical and percussion, to be created
- The user can create music and sound-effects with it.
- It uses a system of frequency ratios for pitch control, rather than conventional music notation.
- Instruments, both melodic and percussion, can be created from scratch by specifying harmonics/inharmonics.
- There is a cellular-like structure to compositions, with cells representing entities at a low level of abstraction (e.g. harmonics) and at a higher level of abstraction (e.g. chord groups).
- User-definable graphs are widely used in the program, e.g. for control of volume and pitch envelopes, and for shifting the balance of stereo over time.
- Audio output is to uncompressed .WAV files.
- From version 3, users can collaborate with and build on the work of other users through an XML import/export facility.
Freeware by KangaSound