Express Scribe is free professional audio player software for PC, Mac or Linux designed to assist the transcription of audio recordings.
A typist can install it on their computer and control audio playback using a transcription foot pedal or keyboard (with 'hot' keys). This computer transcriber application also offers valuable features for typists including variable speed playback, multi-channel control, playing video, file management, and more.
Express Scribe is completely free and can be used without any restrictions. We make it free because we know you will love it so much you will use and recommend our commercial digital dictation suite to others.
- Variable speed playback (constant pitch)
- Supports audio and video playback
- Supports professional foot pedals which connect to the USB port to control playback. More info...
- Uses 'hot' keys to control playback when using other software (eg. Word)
- Ability to dock both analog and digital portable recorders to load recordings
- Works with Microsoft Word and all major word-processors
- Integrates with Express Delegate Dictation Workflow
- Automatically receives and loads files by internet (FTP), email or over a local computer network
- Automatically sends typing to those who dictated the work
- Works with speech recognition software such as Dragon Naturally Speaking to automatically convert speech to text
- Loads CD audio directly - start to work as it loads in the background
- Can switch to 'mini' mode to reduce screen space
- Integrate with dictation management systems
- Works with FastFox typing utility to turn difficult medical/legal phrases and common terms into mere shortcuts from your keyboard
- Express Scribe is completely free
Freeware by NCH Software