Image Line has released Drumaxx, a percussion modeling instrument that gives you total control over 16 physically modeled drum pads that can be routed to independent outputs for external effects processing.
At the core of Drumaxx is a model where the vibrating membrane is represented as a mesh of interconnected points. Each point is given physical properties including mass, inertia, stiffness, damping, and all that good physics stuff. For the musician, this means Drumaxx gives you control over multiple parameters such as material, thickness, tension and shape. More importantly, the parameters can be modulated in real-time as a function of velocity or external controls. The drum body is also under user control too, including body material, size, vibration damping, and shape. All this gives you multi-dimensional performance options, a Matrix of variables providing nearly infinite possibilities.
• 30 drumkits.
• 900 drum patches.
• 200 drum patterns.
• 16 Physically modeled drum pads.
• Multi-output for individual effects processing on each pad.
• Huge range of modeling possibilities covering sounds from cymbals to kettle-drums.
• Velocity modulation matrix for detailed expressiveness.
• Integrated Step-sequencer with trigger-key playback.
• Integrated effects.
• Single-pad version ‘Drumpad’ available for tight integration with FL Studio.
• VSTi (2.4 Win/OSX), AudioUnit (OSX) & FL Studio native formats.
Image Line is launching Drumaxx with the pay what you think it’s worth system. Until the 31st of March you can pay a minimum of €9 to cover costs.
Image Line is also pleased to announce that we will donate $1 from each sale to support Haïti earthquake victims.