In making its latest sample library, Bowed Guitars, Cinematique Instruments dropped the pick and picked up a bow instead. The Bowed Guitars sound library is now available for Native Instruments Kontakt.
As its name suggests, Bowed Guitars is a collection of acoustic guitar and acoustic bass instruments played exclusively with a bow. You’ll get the sounds of the bowed acoustic guitar, bowed acoustic bass, bowed acoustic bass (amped), and bowed instrument ensembles.
By bowing these instruments instead of picking or strumming them, you can get a unique string sound that is intimate, intense, and organic all at once. Cinematique Instruments notes that it used a Martin acoustic guitar and a Harley Benton acoustic bass to make this new collection. The bass is available as an amped or a clean version.
For each instrument, Cinematique Instruments recorded every note in short, long, and tremolo variations in at least two round robin variations. The long and short notes are key-switched in one patch (not in the amped bass version), which allows you to control either the dynamics or the attack by using the Mod wheel. You also get scriptings for each instrument, providing numerous variations such as length of release, amp simulation, reverb amount, and so forth.
Cinematique Instruments Bowed Guitars features at a glance:
- Bowed instrument sample library for Kontakt 3 or higher
- Instruments: Bowed Acoustic Guitar, Bowed Acoustic Bass, Bowed Acoustic Bass (amped), and Ensembles
- Features the sounds of a Martin acoustic guitar and a Harley Benton acoustic bass
- Bass sounds are available amped or clean
- Every note was recorded in short, long, and tremolo variations in at least two round robin variations
- Control either the dynamics or the attack by using the Mod wheel
- Each instrument has further variations, such as length of release, amp simulation, reverb amount, and more
Bowed Guitars requires Kontakt 3 or higher and is now available for 27 EUR (approximately $36). For more details, please visit cinematique-instruments.com.