Crossfire Designs has released MidiPadz Lite, which is a simple MIDI controller for Network MIDI and USB MIDI that allows you to trigger notes with its drum pads. An X/Y-pad and a gravity controller, which makes the whole iPad’s rotation a controller, allows you to send MIDI slider parameters as well.
- Supports USB MIDI over iPad Camera Adapter
- Supports network MIDI over WiFi
- Touch sensitive drum pads (depends on vertical position and two-finger tap for full velocity, user-changeable)
- Four pages with 16 drum pads each
- Drum pad notes adjustable (tap on pad note symbol on bottom left, after that drag finger on pad up/down to change its note)
- One X/Y controller (big pad on bottom)
- Gravity controller (rotational axis of the iPad; Tap on rotation symbol on bottom left to activate, MIDI send light blinks every time you change the iPad’s rotation)
- All controllers can change their MIDI controller number
- Rotational- and scoll-lock for drum pad module (tap lock symbol)
MIDIPadz Lite is free. Full version will be released in January.