Avid has announced the upcoming release of the Torq 2.0 DJ software.
New features in Torq 2.0 include:
- Four virtual decks with EQ, level control, headphone cueing and crossfade–enable customers to play four tracks at once to create unique, complex and dynamic mixes.
- Traq Morph technology–patent pending innovation blends music tracks in exciting new ways by intelligently applying audio effects during crossfade.
- Open, flexible workflows–provide DJs with the flexibility to use the software with M-Audio Xponent and Conectiv DJ and third-party hardware, or stand-alone without any hardware at all.
- Updated user interface and database–gives users the ability to sort through tens of thousands of tracks, including Apple iTunes Store libraries, to quickly create distinctive mixes.
- 13 built-in effects and VST effect support–enable customers to reinvent sound by stacking up to four simultaneous built-in effects and one VST effect per deck, allowing for up to 20 effects at once.
- Advanced recording options–empower DJs with the ability to capture their entire performance with an integrated performance recorder for distribution or editing. As a result of ReWire, they can also create, mix and record with Pro Tools or third-party DAWs, bringing their DJ performance to the studio environment.
Torq 2.0 will be available worldwide via digital download on February 8th, 2011, for $249.99 / €189 / £159.95 (excl. VAT/Tax).