Analog Studio Rack has been a great success and has sold far more than our most hopeful expectations. Bernie would have been very happy to see the reception of his inspired software.
One to not rest on their laurels and leave customers of the audio community up in the air with long wait times, Nomad Factory’s team of dedicated developers, QA and support listen to their customer’s feedback and jump to action with new features to enhance music making workflows, and work with other companies to ensure strict DAW compatibility. The team are proud to bring you the 1.0.2 update for Analog Studio Rack and Individual Modules. Here’s a full list of documented changes…
ONLY $39 for a “Limited Time”, from The DontCrack Store.
Individual Modules can be purchased separately at ONLY $9.99!!!
- Double click now allows user to enter a value for the parameter. Values over 5 round down, above 5 round up.
New hotkeys for parameters: -
- Double click to enter a value.
- Alt+Click (Mac) / Alt+Click (Windows) to reset a parameter.
- Shift+Click to fine tune a parameter.
- Improved controls response to mouse wheel and touchpad.
- Meter readout is now red for peaks over 0dB.
- Meter readout now resets itself when signal below -48dB (bottom of meter scale).
- Preamp VU behaviour is now more similar to real VU meters (ballistics update).
- Peak (green) meters now decay slightly faster.
- Exciter now swaps display when turning on the EQ section or Stereo Width (Response or Goniometer).
- Peak holds for 2 seconds before decay.
- Harrison MixBus session recall.
- Possible AU validation crashes on Logic.
- Crash when switching presets on AAX.
- Exciter response curve not disabled when parameters turned off.
A full list of changes are available in the download area “Change Log“.
Bernie initiated the development of Analog Studio Rack over 3 years ago, designing it for his personal use as a professional producer and sound engineer. He wanted something more flexible than the channel strips found on the market to-date, those for most only offer a fixed path structure for each module they contain. He wanted to create the “ULTIMATE ANALOG CHANNEL STRIP PLUG-IN” that can be quickly loaded on any track from voices to bass, drums, keys, percussion or any other instrument, and set-up the pre-amp and modules with the ideal position and signal path for each instrument(s) needs.
” Perhaps the most versatile all-in-one Analog Channel Strip plug-in ever released? “
Analog Studio Rack is a “Modular Rack” that provides hot-swappable 500 series style EQ’s, Exciter, Compressors, Gate and a Tube Driven Pre-Amp; this is really the perfect all-in-one channel strip!
Inspired by a classic and famous British console for its Gate/Expander, Comp/Limiter, Bus Compressor and EQ, a modified Exciter, a Tube Driven Pre-Amp and another famous mid 1950′s EQ, the AS-Rack brings together a suite of 7 modules expertly tuned to sound musical. True analog in the box!
Each of the 6 main modules can be placed in any order with simple drag and drop, allowing you the freedom within a rack space design to try different combinations; Compressor before or after EQ, Gate after a crushed Compressor for effect… All of this is now possible to customize your tone and source material, with various views available per module for gain reduction, spectrum and 1/3 octave.
The plug-in comes with an array of presets specifically designed for various instruments as your starting point. Utilize them in your mixes, tweak, create your own as single module presets or global.
The Nomad Factory Analog Studio Rack is not only a powerful Modular Rack Plug-in, but a complete bundle that ships with all 7 modules contained in the rack as individual plug-ins: -
- AS – Preamp, is your tonal colouration box. Saturate your music, increase the warmth and drive the circuit for some sweet flavors.
- AS – Gate Expander, inspired by a famous British console brings the control to your tracks! Slice and dice noise and low-end rumble, and expand your sound so it punches through the mix.
- AS – Comp Limit, inspired by a famous British console brings the colored control to your individual tracks.
- AS – Exciter, inspired by a classic maximizer you may know, breathes added life to your tracks.
- AS – State EQ inspired by a famous British console brings the color of the E and G series to your fingertips.
- AS – Pulse EQ, inspired by the classic and famous “Holy Grail” blue hardware rack unit EQ from the mid-50′s brings balanced analog curves to your audio.
- AS – Bus Comp, inspired by a famous British console brings the punch and glue to your mixes.