The famous Yamaha CP-80 defined the sound of the 80′s. It was used on rock and R&B hits by Elton John, Peter Gabriel, Herbie Hancock plus many more, and served electronic music innovators from Vangelis to the present.
Now Waves has faithfully sampled this classic 80-model electric grand that continues to be a favorite among modern rock bands and has never fallen out of favour.
This brilliant virtual version brings to life this electro-acoustic sound, with features from the original such as tone controls and tremolo. Also included is Sustain Resonance, which controls the simulated sympathetic resonance of un-played strings – perfect for adding depth to long chords and solos alike.
- Sampled from the classic 80-model electric grand piano
- Includes tone controls from the original instrument
- Mix section for adding different sampled sounds from the original (key up, mechanics, sustain pedal)
- Compressor and limiter included
- Effects include tremolo, autopan, phaser, chorus, reverb
- Can be played as a plugin or a standalone instrument