Waves latest release is a very special and advanced EQ. Rather than treating a frequency one time and leaving it there for the entire track, F6’s EQ settings are sensitive to the dynamics of your track. This way you can select not only by how much, but also precisely when a specific frequency will be boosted or cut, compressed or expanded.
The ultimate problem-solving EQ, F6 can be used for diverse equalization, compression, expansion and de-essing processes, whether you’re mixing or mastering, in the studio or live. Each of the six floating bands features advanced EQ and dynamic controls that let you zero in on any problem spot – and treat it only when the problem arises.
Take vocals for example: A singer’s tone changes throughout a performance depending on their position to the microphone. An EQ setting that works well when the singer is close to the mic and singing softly will not be as effective when the singer backs up and starts belting. F6 moves in time with the singer, kicking in when the vocal level crosses a certain threshold that you’ve set – and laying off when it falls below that threshold.
Music is dynamic. The intensity of any piece of music constantly rises and falls. With the F6 dynamic EQ plugin, you finally have the perfect EQ tool to match this dynamic variation.
- Precision EQ triggered by a built-in dynamic processor
- 6 floating bands that can be placed anywhere in the spectrum
- Powerful EQ and compression/expansion controls per band
- Advanced sidechaining, parallel compression and mid-side processing
- High and low pass filters; bell and notch EQ shapes
- Each band features a solo/sidechain monitor
- Zero latency and low CPU consumption
- Equally effective for studio and live mixing