The audio plug-in & software giant Waves has just announced the release of their new plug-in Smack Attack!
With Smack Attack, you can unleash or tame kicks, snares, claps, drum samples, or any other drum or percussion instrument – but also guitar and bass plucks, quick piano arpeggios, synth stabs, or even your entire mix.
Unlike traditional transient shapers, Smack Attack lets you control more than just attack and sustain levels; you also get pinpoint control over the transients’ shape and duration. You can make a kick tighter than you’d ever imagined – or give your snares that extra crack. You also have a Sensitivity control for selective transient shaping: you can process all your transients, only the loudest ones, or anything in between.
- ‘Secret weapon’ for mixing drums and all other percussive instruments
- Unleash or tame transient attack & sustain
- Fine-tune transient level, shape and duration
- Real-time graphic wave display
- Zero latency in the studio or live
- Limiter/clipper for driving your sound to the limit
- Sensitivity control for selective transient shaping
- Wet/Dry mix control for parallel processing
- MIDI control assignable