Mastering the Mix established a reputation for building great tools with their first commercial product LEVELS. They have just announced their latest offering REFERENCE that will increase that reputation even further.
Everyone uses reference mixes to judge how their mixes and mastering efforts stack up against the best examples they have available. But as we all know there are problems of matching to already mastered work, setting up loops to flip back and forth to check different sections, aligning the sync of parts of different version of alternative mixes and so on.
That is all a thing of the past once you have REFERENCE up and running. Mastering the Mix has basically thought of everything that was problematic and found solutions for almost every scenario you can think of. It is a hyper-useful tool that will make complex referencing child’s play instead of a burden. Take a look at the videos below and find out how amazing it is.
- Compare your mix or master to up to 20 reference tracks.
- The powerful Level Match tool allows you to instantly and accurately match the loudness of your track and your references. This is crucial for a fair comparison.
- Add, remove and solo bands in the Trinity Display to zone in on the intricate differences between your mix and your references.
- The Level Lines in the Trinity Display tells you how much perceived volume that frequency band has compared to the same frequency band in your reference track.
- The Stereo Spread in the Trinity Display displays the stereo width of both your original track and your reference in each frequency band.
- The Punch Dots in the Trinity Display will tell you how the short-term dynamic range of your track compares to the short-term dynamic range of your reference in each frequency band.
- The time-saving Auto Align button identifies if you have different versions of the same song and lines them up automatically, so you can seamlessly switch between them.
- The Wave Transport allows you to create multiple loops so you can quickly compare various sections of your track to your reference.
- Sharp retina display with resizable window as well as compact mode.
- Easy to set up, with user-friendly, non technical controls. Interactive tool tips can be activated in settings for more information.
REFERENCE Overview Video
Mixing With REFERENCE
Mastering With REFERENCE