Toontrack has released Superior Drummer 3 for Mac and Windows, including updgrade and crossgrade paths from EzDrummer2 and SD2.
Building on the legacy of its predecessor, Superior Drummer 3 was redesigned from the ground up to introduce a completely new and improved workflow, integrated drum audio to MIDI conversion, 35 mixer effects, scalable interface, detachable windows, a comprehensive MIDI library and much, much more.
“Both in terms of design and functionality, this is by far the most advanced and profound product in the history of the company. Our team has gone above and beyond to make something very complex an ease for the end user to work with, ” said Erik Phersson, Toontrack’s Head of Development.
The core sound library, boasting in excess of 230 GB of raw sound material, was recorded by award-winning engineer George Massenburg at Galaxy Studios in Belgium. In addition to close microphones and several ambience positions, the Superior Drummer 3 setup also includes an additional eleven room microphones set up in a surround configuration, for use in anything from stereo all the way up to 11.1 systems. In combination with the large selection of extra instruments as well as the included pool of electronic drum machine sounds added for stacking and sound design purposes, Superior Drummer 3 gives you a palette of options to craft drum tones beyond your wildest imagination.
“Superior Drummer 3 takes music creation to a level of quality, flexibility and authenticity beyond the imagination, ” commented engineer George Massenburg.
Watch the Superior Drummer 3 Introduction :
The idea with Superior Drummer 3 is to let you step into a virtual studio with the best possible raw material and mix options at your disposal to create your drum sounds. With Superior Drummer 3, you are in control. Take a seat at the console to hone, mold, shape, mix, match, blend, saturate and create – on your terms.
“Combining the creative power of the sounds, the ambiences and the extensive set of features, Superior Drummer 3 is more than just a drum sampler – it’s a bottomless well of creativity. It bridges the gap between acoustic and electronic and lets you venture off into completely new sonic landscapes. To me, this is the definitive tool for percussive sound design,” said Mattias Eklund, Toontrack’s Head of Sound Design.
“When Superior Drummer 2 was released close to ten years ago, it revolutionized the market and quickly became the industry standard. We are beyond excited to yet again introduce something that sets a new benchmark, ” said Toontrack’s CEO Peter Knutsson.
Feature Spotlight :
- In excess of 230 GB of raw, unprocessed sounds in 44.1 kHz/24-bit.
- Recorded with an additional eleven separate room microphones set up in a surround configuration for a complete immersive experience.
- Playback in stereo or up to 11 channel surround systems.
- Engineered by George Massenburg.
- Integrated offline audio to MIDI conversion.
- Approx. 350 vintage and classic drum machine sounds.
- 35 mixer effects.
- New and improved scalable interface with detachable windows.
- Edit Play Style, Tap2Find, Song Creator and Song Track features as well as improved workflow and search functionality.
- Built-in MIDI grid editor.
- DAW automation for built-in macro controls.
- Drag & drop and import for individual and third party samples.
- Support for keyboard shortcuts.