AKAI have today released the next version update to their MPC Software, the acclaimed composition software featuring audio track recording, real-time audio warping, Audio and MIDI drag-and-drop, along with enhanced Q-Link™ control. Version 2.0.8.
What’s New in version 2.0.8?
- Fixed an issue where copied tracks do not appear in slide in menus.
- Bounce to Sample now renders at the correct BPM when used in the plug-in version of MPC.
- Audio regions will now be selected when dragged on the grid.
- Fixed an issue where copying bars across sequences would create overlapping audio regions.
- The Marquee Tool ‘split’ function is now more accurate.
- Fixed an inconsistency with audio region multiple selection after changing modes.
- It is no longer possible to enable playback during an export.
- It is no longer possible to record arm an audio track during recording when using LCD hardware.
- Program automation is now always duplicated when doubling the Sequence length.
- Semi and Fine Clip Automation is no longer labelled as “Layer 1 Semi Tune” and “Layer 1 Fine Tune”.
- Simultaneous Play and Mute Target automation is now recorded correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the first selection in the Browser wouldn’t auto audition.
- Hybrid presets now show correctly in the Expansion Browser.
- Fixed an issue where insert effects couldn’t be copied across tracks in the Channel Mixer.
- Fixed an issue where insert effect names would not appear in the Channel Mixer LCD.
- The LCD Channel Mixer now updates when you mute Audio Tracks.
Clip Program Edit
- Fixed an issue when adjusting clip start and end marker Q-Links in Clip Program Edit.
- Fixed a crash after selecting a non-existent audio track in the Erase pop-up.
- Bounced and exported files are now the correct length.
- Fixed a hang when Bouncing a Program to an Audio Track.
- Fixed a crash when quitting MPC during an export.
- It is no longer possible to hide the progress pop-up during an export.
- Auto Scroll is now not disabled when switching modes.
- The start and end parameters in Program Edit Wave View are now functional.
- Fixed an issue where the Grid View zoom slider scaling was incorrect after using the Reset Zoom key command.
- The MPC X’s Pad Mixer and Channel Mixer button LEDs no longer incorrectly illuminate when adjusting the Vintage Mode setting.
- Program level values now display double figures on LCD screens.
- The right edge of the Grid View is no longer cut off screen when the horizontal scroll bar is at the far right.
- Scroll bars in the Channel Mixer and Pad Mixer now disappear when they are not needed.
- The New Project Dialog preference has been removed from MPC 2.0.
Program Edit Drum
- The Q-Link OLED for Program Polyphony now always displays the correct value.
- Fixed an issue where zooming via a Q-Link stops working after copying a pad in Program Edit.
Program Edit Plugin/Midi
- Hybrid’s Parameters now display correctly in Program Edit.
Programs – Drum
- Fixed a graphical issue when attempting unsupported pad assignments.
- Metronome Enable and Audio Monitor Q-Links are now more responsive.
- Programs from MPC 1.9 with Q-Link assignments set to Note On and OFF will now load correctly.
- Playback in Sample Edit no longer gets interrupted if sample start or end is adjusted whilst Slice Preview is enabled.
- Sample Edit zoom and scroll Q-Link values now display the correct percentage.
- Sample Edit’s “Detect Tempo” feature is now more accurate.
- Sample Edit’s zoom and scroll OLEDs will now update more smoothly when adjusted.
Saving and Loading
- In the plug-in version of MPC, the progress pop-up no longer displays “Loading” when saving or exporting.
- Fixed a crash after replacing a program and undoing.
- MPC project files now display the MPC logo in Windows Explorer.
- The ‘Pad’ field in the Step Sequencer now displays both the pad number and sample name on the LCD user-interface.
- Fixed the Pad Select F-key for LCD hardware in the Step Sequencer.
- Fixed an issue with the alignment of the audio and MIDI event selection boxes in Track View.
- It is now possible to assign an available program of any type using the MIDI track headers in Track View.
- The styling of a selected track in the Channel Mixer now matches Track View.
- Fixed an Ableton Link sync issue.