The PSP MasterComp is used by the leading sound engineers for their most demanding projects. Its extremely transparent compression and low distortion makes it a favourite for use on the Master bus or for Mastering sessions. It lists for $249 but from today until Monday when it returns to its normal price, you can get it for ONLY $29!
PSP MasterComp is the high fidelity stereo dynamics processor. Its double-precision 64-bit floating point and double-sampled FAT – Frequency Authentication Technique processing offers transparency even at extreme compression settings and high sample rates.
PSP MasterComp installer includes two version of the plug-in:
PSP MasterComp – designed for mastering compression and expansion.
PSP MicroComp – designed for using on buses and track processing during mixing.
- Extremely transparent compression thanks to double precision 64-bit floating point and double-sampled FAT mode algorithms
- Low distortion thanks to MasterComp’s precise level detector, which includes an optional automatic attack and release time adjustment
- Wide range of controls
- Over-threshold compression and expansion
- Advanced side chain filtering, channel linking and compression tilting capabilities
- Mix control allows you to blend processed and clean signal
- MasterComp includes a high quality brick wall output limiter with automatic release time
- Advanced PPM/VU meters with textual readings and adjustable parameters
- Controlling or revitalizing the dynamics of a final mix during Mastering.
- Controlling or revitalizing dynamics of a signal of main tracks, groups and entire mix during mixing.
What do Masters of mastering think about PSP MasterComp?
- I haven’t played with the PSP MasterComp long enough for more than a first impression but it really had me smiling about several very “hi-fi” sounding hip-hop tracks I was mastering today. It helped without stepping on the truly wonderful sound of my client’s mixes. Thinking about it, I can’t imagine a better first impression! – Bob Olhsson, Audio Mastery, Nashville TN, US (Monitoring: Duntech Sovereigns driven by a pair of Hafler 9505 amps)
- PSP Master Compressor will deliver sonic results that won’t compromise musicality and will retain transparency during signal processing. This is a rare occasion in the digital world. I applaud the PSP team in their efforts to deliver a signal processor of this caliber – Sakis Anastopoulos, DigiSound Mastering, Forest Hill, VIC, Australia (Monitoring: NotePerfect Maestro)
- In a trial on an energetic blues vocal and piano track, the Master Comp did as well controlling peaks as one of my better analog compressors. The sound was smooth and clear – Alan Silverman, Arf! Digital, New York NY, US