Blue Cat Audio have today released Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer 3.1, a new version of its multiband processing plug-in with hosting capabilities.
With this new version, 28 built-in audio effects can now be applied to individual frequency bands (in addition to already available third party plug-ins support) to create all kinds of spectral effects: modulation, compression, distortion, pitch shifting, delays & reverbs… Dozens of new features and enhancements improving the workflow and performance have also been added to this free update (full change list below).
The update is free for existing MB-7 Mixer V3 customers and can be found from the same location as the original full version (link received by email upon purchase). New customers can download a demo version in multiple plug-in formats for Mac and PC on www.bluecataudio.com.
What’s new in MB-7 Mixer 3.1:
- The GUI can now be zoomed from 70% to 200%.
- Added 28 built-in plug-ins borrowed from the Late Replies plug-in.
- New spectral manipulation and sound design presets using the built-in effects.
- Last loaded preset is now remembered in session and displayed in the presets menu.
- Plug-in state can now be reverted to the last loaded preset.
- Default preset now also saves the state of locks (when using “save as user default”).
- Major presets loading improvements: hosted plug-ins are now reloaded only when changed, and updated otherwise. Improves performance and audio rendering when loading presets using the same plug-ins.
- Faster GUI loading / instantaneous GUI display after it has been opened once.
- New option to keep plug-ins windows always on top.
- Performance and memory usage improvements.
- Mac: new installer.
- VST3: factory presets are not exposed to the host application anymore.
- Fixed minor compatibility issues with Mac OS High Sierra.
- Fixed host keyboard shortcuts lost when a sub plug-in is opened (in several host applications).
- Fixed sub-plug-ins automation overwritten when using touch mode in some hosts.
- Fixed: changing bypass in the Audio Unit version did not update host application’s bypass state.
- Fixed: bypass buttons are now in sync with the hosted plug-ins’ state.
- Win: fixed copy/paste that sometimes stopped working until next app restart.
- Dropped support for legacy RTAS and DirectX plug-ins formats.