Released in August 2018, Auto-Align Post is a plug-in designed to automatically correct phase issues when mixing a recording of multiple moving microphones, such as in the case of a shot set-up using a boom microphone in addition to actor’s lavalier microphone.
Drawing on requests from post-production professionals, Sound Radix has announced upcoming new features for version 1.1. The expected release is Q4 2018, and it will be a free update for existing owners of Auto-Align Post.
Originally created as an AAX AudioSuite plug-in for Pro Tools users, the new 1.1 release delivers on two of the most requested features to date. Nir Averbuch speaking on behalf of Sound Radix said:
“VST support and collapsible window were the two most popular requests, and with this update, we’re happy to offer the solution, so far enjoyed only by Pro Tools users, to a wider audience.”
Auto-Align Post 1.1 Features and Updates
- VST3-ARA2 and AU-ARA2 support
- The ability to collapse the GUI to a small size only having the essential controls
- Sound transparency is further improved
- Minor graphics and bug fixes and optimizations.
“Auto-Align Post just works!”
Justin W. Walker, MPSE, Dialogue/ADR Editor & Supervisor
The Dub Stage, Los Angeles
“Auto-Align Post saves days of work”
Ian Stynes, Sound Supervisor, Mixer and Sound Designer
Great City Post, New York
Auto-Align Post Features
- Can correct for distances of up to ~112 feet / ~34 meters or a delay of ±100ms
- Dynamic mode enables continuous phase/time correction for moving actors or cameras
- Static mode enables fixed phase/time correction for stationary microphones
- Transparent, filter-free design
- Multi-channel support
- Significant algorithm optimization for CPU efficiency and operation speed
- Easy to operate – no manual settings required