Acousticsamples have released version 2.5 of the B-5 Organ. The new version contains a few internal fixes and optimizations, but more importantly, 2 new organ voicings.
New Organ Models
Acousticsamples has added an A101 from 1963 as well as the organ used for the videos, a chopped 1964 A102 bringing the B-5 to a total of 6 very distinct Organ models.
A101 and A102 organs are exactly the same as A100 models, only the type of wood (and the legs for the A101) changes. There are more audible changes between years that are mostly electronics and different adjustments which explains why these models all sound so different from one another.
- There was in some very rare cases stuck tonewheels happening when using the preset keys, this should be fixed now.
- The percussion volume drop was happening on the non-percussion presets, it’s not the case anymore.
- There are a few other internal fixes and improvements that were released since the V2 as silent updates, like the addition of a few organ controllers or the DI volume that you can mix with the microphones.
If you already own the B-5, then this “update” is free, here are the steps to get it:
- Log into your account and download the new file from the download page (the file B-5-Organ-v2.5-EDC.rar).
- Update UVI Workstation or Falcon to the latest version (this is important).