Blue Cat Audio have today released new versions of Blue Cat’s PatchWork and MB-7 Mixer, two multi-effects processors also capable of hosting third party plug-ins. See below for details…
These new versions bring multiple improvements, including a new presets browser with search capabilities, two new built-in plug-ins, full MIDI I/O support for the VST3 plug-in format, several third party plug-ins hosting enhancements and much more (full change list below).
The free update can be downloaded from the same location as the original full version (link received by email upon purchase). And for new customers, the MB-7 Mixer plug-in is exceptionally on sale (23% off) until July 10th. Demo versions are available on www.bluecataudio.com in most plug-in formats for Mac and PC (and as a standalone application for PatchWork).
What’s New for both PatchWork and MB-7 Mixer :
- New presets browser with built-in search.
- MIDI Program Change preference is now saved into session instead of global preferences, so each instance can now use different MIDI channels. It is also saved in the user default preset.
- VST3: added program change support for VST3 plug-in format.
- VST3: added MIDI output support for VST3 plug-in format.
- New Level (volume control) and Micro EQ built-in plug-ins.
- Added a gain parameter to several built-in plug-ins to avoid volume changes when switched on/off (pitch and frequency shifters, modulation effects, delays).
- Increased knobs precision for pitch shifter and waveshaper built-in plug-ins for smoother control.
Third party plug-ins host:
- VST and VST3 plug-ins previously displayed as missing because of name changes are now relocated automatically (Waves major updates, 32 and 64-bit plug-ins with different names etc.)
- Improved auto-relocation performance when a large number of plug-ins have moved.
- Added MIDI output and program change support for recently updated VST3 plug-ins.
Other fixes and improvements:
- VST: the user interface is now properly resized in Cubase on Windows.
- Mac: fixed issue with Magic Mouse that could trigger drag and drop instead of mouse click.
- Built-in EQ plug-in (and MB-7 Mixer) spectrum analyzer display will not take priority over DAW or other plug-ins user interfaces.
- Miscellaneous user interface performance improvements.
What’s New for PatchWork :
- Plug-in bypass and editor buttons can now be clicked on the entire button area (not just the icon).
- Fixed dry/wet mix knob only mixing left channel in mono to stereo configurations.
System Requirements :
- Intel Mac running Mac OS 10.7 or newer.
- Windows PC running Windows Vista or newer.