Grooves and fills by the pioneer of technical death metal…
Peter Wildoer (Darkande), Brann Dailor (Mastodon), Dirk Verbeuren (Megadeth) and George Kollias (Nile) are just some of the drummers that cite Sean Reinert as a pivotal influence. No wonder, the unique blend of jazz and fusion that he introduced with his work on Death’s “Human” and Cynic’s “Focus” in many ways redrew the map for drums in death metal and role of drummers on a whole. He managed to forge trudging brutality with a nuance not heard before in a death metal context and spawned an entirely new style – one where the drums were allowed to paint with all-new colors and much broader brushes.
This collection of drum grooves and fills builds on Sean’s discography and is loosely based on his work with the likes of Death, Cynic and Æon Spoke. Expect the subtlety of jazz and the technical finesse of fusion merged with the hard-hitting attack and brutal onslaught of metal – all seamlessly meshed to a coherent blend where only one thing is holy: groove.
Feature Spotlight :
- Performed by legendary drummer Sean Reinert (Death, Cynic)
- Grooves and fills loosely based around by Sean’s discography
- Suitable for technical death metal, progressive rock/metal and fusion
- Includes hundreds of individually played grooves and fills
- Covering time signatures like 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 6/8 and 7/8 in straight and/or swing feel