While rhythm may be the heartbeat of most genres, in Latin music the pulse and the beat is the very lifeblood. In fact, in many ways the groove is the song. Welcome to the Latin Cuban EZX, a mix-ready battery of kits tailored for just that – infectious latin-flavored rhythms for anything from traditional to modern.
The Latin Cuban Drums EZX features a handpicked collection of drums and a selection of mounted percussion pieces such as bells, woodblocks and a timbale. It was all captured at the famed Sear Sound Studios in New York by a team with a much-prominent status in the broad field of Latin music: Grammy Award-winning and Emmy-nominated engineer Dave Kowalski and drummer Robby Ameen. Between them, their work spans from the early ’80s through to today and includes collaborations with numerous top artists, awards and accolades. In fact, Robby is arguably one of the most influential Latin-oriented drummers of the past few decades with books, instructional videos and much more on his CV – all on the subject of drums in Latin music.
Feature Spotlight :
- Recorded at Sear Sound Studios, New York
- Produced by Grammy Award-winning and Emmy-nominated engineer Dave Kowalski
- Sampled by drummer Robby Ameen
- Features two of Robby Ameen’s custom kits, four crash cymbals, two cymbal stacks, four ride cymbals, two standard hi-hats and one right-hand FX hi-hat
- Side of the floor tom sampled to mimic the traditional ‘cascara’ playing style
- Also includes two mambo bells, two songo bells, two “left-foot” cowbells, one “left-foot” woodblock, one woodblock and a timbale
- Comes with MIDI performed by Robby Ameen