Elephant is a highly competitive plug-in for mastering applications: it features a variety of limiter modes that can be deeply customized, and a comprehensive set of level metering tools, including headroom estimation, EBU R128 and K-metering.
Elephant’s built-in linear-phase oversampling is an important element in achieving high-quality peak limiting and loudness maximization without inter-sample overshoots.
Elephant limiter can be used for mixing and mastering of both stereo and multi-channel music and sound material, at any standard sample rate. Limiting process can be visualized both as gain reduction meter and real-time graph.
Changes in version 4.14:
- The “In Gain” and “Out Gain” can now be again linked inversely with the right-mouse-button, like in Elephant 3.
- Improved the gaussian dither approximation.
- Added Apple Silicon native compatibility.
- Automatic instance labeling implemented (not supported in VST2).
- Enabled the “asynchronous drawing” window mode on macOS; may fix the user interface “lagging”.
- Improved font rendering slightly.