Sonoma Wire Works has released “Billy Martin: Loops from the Underground” DrummerPack for DrumCore.
Billy Martin is an internationally acclaimed drummer/multi percussionist for Medeski, Martin and Wood. Well known and highly respected for his innovative rhythms, creative approach, and manic improvisational skills over a wide range of styles, Billy continues to push the art of drumming and rhythm to a higher level. Billy is a unique artist in the truest sense, and this collection of drum loops captures his incredible ability to create and inspire.
This DrummerPack features 13 original Billy Martin Groovesets. The live audio drum loops by Billy cover a wide range of styles, and are presented in stretchable REX format for ease of tempo selection. Groove variations, fills, intros, stops, and endings are all included for virtually infinite drum track creations in your DAW. Also included are 12 Multi-Velocity layered MIDI Kits for programming MIDI grooves with Billy’s kit sounds, as well as MIDI file versions of Billy’s grooves and fills. Single hit Kit sounds are also readily available for easy addition to your audio loops.
GrooveSets in Billy Martin: Loops from the Underground:
- Afro Six: An Afro-based 6 over 4 groove with snares off
- BeOunce: A swung, bouncy, syncopated urgent groove
- Brushing Up: Sultry hip-hop flavored brush groove
- Bumpin: Hip 16th note groove with occasional displaced snare pops
- Cookarocka: Frantic Drum and Bass inspired groove
- Ellingtone: A hip snares-off interpretation of Jazzier days gone by
- Gap Tooth Woman: Ride-pulse groove with swing tendencies
- HiHeeHoe: Greasy 16th pulse groove with wicked snare ghosting
- If Not: Funky Hat groove with a swing feel and great ride breaks
- Lucky: Snappy little jazz groove in 3/4 time
- Snaked: Slinky hat/sidestick groove with Billy’s unique 16th pulse
- Titannic: All-steam ahead straight 4/4 bombastic rock groove
- Walk Bye: An understated, lazy ballad groove with slight swing feel
This DrummerPack was produced and recorded by the original Submersible Music team, and is configured with metadata for use with the DrumCore search engine, which will help DrumCore users find content based on feel (straight, shuffle, etc.), time signature, tempo and other criteria. Songwriter-friendly “GrooveSets” group related beats, variations and fills to serve as a construction kit for song creation. All audio is 48kHz/24-bit and created in a pro studio using state-of-the-art digital (ProTools HD3) and analog (Neumann, Neve, etc.) recording equipment. DrumCore works with most DAWs, and supports dragging audio and MIDI directly to tracks in applications such as ACID® 7, Digital Performer® 6, Live 6 and up, Logic Pro® 8 and up, Pro Tools® 7.4.2 and up, Cubase® 4 and up (32 bit), and Sonar™ 8 (32 bit).
Drums Used in the DrummerPack: Early 60′s Rogers Luxor Set, 20″ Bass Drum, 12″ Rack Tom, 14″ Floor Tom, 5×14 snare, and Craviotto 10″ snare – newer (2000′s) vintage. Cymbals: Various 1950′s 18″-20″ K rides and 1950′s 14″ K Hi Hats.
System Requirements: DrumCore 2.5 or higher and 3.4 GB available disk space.
Pricing and Availability:
BIlly Martin: Loops from the Underground DrummerPack is priced at $79.99 (DVD or download)