Rosegarden, the audio and MIDI sequencer and musical notation editor for Linux, has been updated to version 11.02.
- The matrix editor represents tied notes with a different fill pattern.
- The split-and-tie long notes option has been made the factory default once more, in light of the vastly improved handling of ties in the matrix and notation editors.
- Track numbers are no longer cut off.
- The notation and matrix editors now treat a series of tied notes as though it were a single unit, which fixes several problems that have been outstanding since as far back as 2002.
- Resizing a segment via click and drag near the edge or with the resize tool now leaves that segment as the selected segment.
- When attempting to select a note by clicking toward the extreme edges of the note head, it is less likely that you will move the note instead of merely selecting it.
- Insertion / Playback pointer correctly advances in Notation editor when entered notes are split and tied.
- Progress dialogs tweaked to fine tune their behavior.
- Alt+PgUp and Alt+PgDown now highlight the events in a segment in Notation view consistently.