Our friends at SoundRadix have unveiled their new SurferEQ, version 2.
SurferEQ is a ground-breaking pitch-tracking equalizer plug-in that tracks a monophonic instrument or vocal and moves the selected bands with the music.
Synthesizer filters can track the pitch to maintain the timbre of the sound throughout the instrument’s voices. However, sound equalizers have always been static. While being effective for broad tone-shaping and room resonance correction, standard EQs do a poor job at maintaining the vocal or instrument’s timbre as the music changes.
SurferEQ tracks the pitch of a monophonic instrument or a vocal source and can adapt its bands’ frequencies relative to the music in real-time, maintaining the natural harmonic balance of the sound source and making it possible to shape the source’s timbre relative to the notes being played.
What’s new in version 2 :
- Side-chain input: Makes it possible to use pitch from another track to process polyphonic audio tracks to make “space” in the mix.
- Spectral Gate (normal and reversed): Allows engaging or disengaging the EQ when the input level crosses a set threshold level.
- Live mode with zero latency.
- Four new and extremely creative Harmonic Filter modes.
- Morphing filters.
- Surf-time control: Allows setting the speed at which SurferEQ will “Surf” from one note to another.
- HP and LP Surf-frequency limit: Allows setting a limit to the high- and low-pass filters when Surfing.
- Added PACE iLok for protection and easy mobility.
- Completely re-designed, retina-compatible and OpenGL optimized vector graphics UI.
- Spectral Level Meters.
- Frequency analyzer.