Courvoisier is a single-band universal dynamics processor with adaptive attack and release algorithms optimized for complex program material (mixes and submixes). Courvoisier uses free-form curves drawn over the histogram of incoming audio material (as opposed to traditional ratio and threshold parameters) to determine the transfer function of the processing.
Courvoisier is free. It is available for the PC/VST format (w32).
- Histogram representation (sliding-window statistics)
of incoming program material and the resulting gain change
on which the transfer function can be drawn
- Free-form upward and downward compression and/or expansion
- Spline interpolated control curves
- All performance-critical code optimized in assembly
(utilizing SSE2 flow instructions)
- Two different adaptive attack algorithms (program dependent)
- Adaptive release algorithm (program dependent, scalable)
- Additional user defined adaptive release behavior
- Side chain filtering (low and high pass)
- MS operation
(with support for different transfer curves for Mid and Side channels)
- Stereo operation (adjustable stereo link)
- Dry mix option for parallel processing
- Peak, RMS and Hybrid level detection
- Very low harmonic distortion
(THD during normal operation is below -105 dB FS)
- Lookahead processing for minimizing distortion
with extremely fast attack settings
- Complex mode (oversampling with a twist)
Courvoisier can be downloaded from here.