Sonnox has announced that their Oxford SuprEsser and Limiter v2 plug-ins have been updated to their latest v3 spec.
Oxford SuprEsser and Limiter v2 join the Oxford Dynamics, EQ, Reverb, Inflator and TransMod which were all updated earlier in 2017. These updates apply to the Native and HDX Oxford Limiter, the Native SuprEsser and the HDX SuprEsser DS.
- The Oxford Limiter and SuprEsser DS plug-ins are now compatible with Waves low latency recording, processing and playback platform.
- Registered owners of Native and HDX Generation 5 (G5) licences are able to add the SoundGrid Option for a fee per plug-in at the Sonnox webstore.
- Owners of previous Sonnox licence Generations will need to upgrade to G5 before being eligible for this upgrade.
- Your new SoundGrid licence can be held on a separate iLok device to your Native/HDX licences. This new development simplifies your workflow by allowing you to use your SoundGrid plug-ins on the road and Native/HDX versions in the studio.
VST3 Support, GUI Enhancements And More
The updates, which are available free of charge to registered G5 owners and included with all new qualifying sales, provide:
- VST3 support
- External side-chain functionality
- GUI enhancements
- High-resolution graphics
- High DPI/Retina display support
- Larger GUI
- Clarification of licence and installer naming
- New V3 HDX versions offer higher instance counts
More Flexible Licensing For New HDX Purchases
Previously, buyers of new full HDX G5 licences received an additional Native licence with their purchase. Sonnox is continuing to offer this and, for the first time, these 2 licences included in new Limiter and SuprEsser DS HDX purchases made after 19th September 2017 can be used on separate iLok devices. However, please note that both iLok devices must be registered to the same iLok account.
For example, this new feature could enable you to use your Native plug-ins on the road and HDX versions in the studio.