SoundRadix’ POWAIR, its compressor/loudness leveler plug-in for macOS and Windows, has been updated to v1.1. This update includes many new features and improvements. Available now at the DontCrack Store.
This update includes a host of improvements, bug fixes, new features and a completely rewritten User Manual by audio educator and frequent MIX Magazine contributor, Brandon Hickey.
New Features & Improvements:
- Added peak clipping options.
- Added user-definable meter peak hold.
- Improved performance.
- Added UI scaling (75% – 200%).
- Limiting is now based on true-peak.
- SCF – improved filter phase-response.
- Pro Tools (AAX), Studio One 3.x (VST3) – support gain reduction meter.
- Pro Tools (AAX) – support automation key modifiers.
- Presets names are now being stored and recalled.
- Bypass makes UI grayscale.
- Minor UI tweaks and improvements.
- A/B states were not properly stored and recalled.
- Meters/Leveler did not clear state when playing after stopping.
- VST denormalization-related performance issues.
- Possible crash on Digital Performer (VST).
- Input meter could show noise-floor instead of silence.
- Various cosmetic UI inconsistencies.
- SCF – possible crash when LF was set to highest frequency.
- SCF – Solo didn’t work when the compressor was off.
- M/S mode was processed in Leveler stage.
- Fixes & improvements to auto gain compensation and side-chain compression.
- Switching between Mono/Stereo instance on Logic X could lead to a crash.
- AAX with side-chain could produce silence when rendered offline. (Commit/Freeze/Bounce Offline).
- VST3 might not work with Direct Offline Processing.
- In some settings, dry signal could be not dry.
- Possible crash when inputting out-of-range values.
- Fixes & improvements to Windows installer.