SPAN is a free real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plugin for professional music and audio production applications. For the most part it was derived from Voxengo GlissEQ dynamic parametric equalizer and reproduces its spectrum analysis functionality. SPAN is available in AudioUnit, AAX, VST and VST3 plugin formats, for macOS, and Windows computers.
List of changes in version 3.6:
- Fixed a minor frequency drift on deep zoom-in.
- Fixed a minor spectrum power shift in non-Hann window modes.
- Added the “Align 0 dB” spectrum display mode. This mode enables alignment of stationary 1 kHz sinewave of 0 dBFS peak level to 0 dB visual level, irrespective of the “Block Size” setting. This mode may be useful for precise technical analysis of signals. When this mode is enabled, you may also need to set the “Slope” to 0, and adjust the “Range Low” and “Range High” values.
SPAN provides you with a very flexible “mode” system which you can use to setup your spectrum analyzer preferences. You may specify Fourier block size in samples, FFT window overlap percentage, spectrum’s visual slope. Beside that you can choose to display secondary spectrum of a desired type (e.g. real-time maximum, all-time maximum). Spectrum can be smoothed out visually for an easier examination.
- Output signal power statistics
- Spectrum smoothing
- User interface window resizing
- Clipping statistics
- Correlation meter
- EBU R128 LUFS/LU metering
- Stereo and multi-channel analysis
- Mid/side analysis
- Internal channel routing
- Channel grouping
- Preset manager
- Undo/redo history
- A/B comparisons
- Contextual hint messages
- All sample rates support
- Retina and HighDPI support